3. OUTER THIGH LIFTS
- Lie on your right side. Your head, shoulders and hips should all be aligned.
- Your right arm should be extended out straight or resting under your head.
- Rest your left arm on your left hip.
- If you want to make the exercise more challenging, fasten a very light ankle to your left leg.
- Keeping your right leg straight and your foot flexed, slowly raise your right leg. Hold for a moment, then slowly lower your leg lower and repeat.
- Lift your leg for 2 counts and lower it for 4 counts, i.e. you should lower your leg more slowly/ controlled than during the lifting phase.
- Repeat for 8 times.
- Turn over and repeat on the other side
- Do not rotate body forward or backward.
- Gradually progress to 3 sets.
Bonus: Can easily do this exercise whilst watching television.