This smoothie is vibrant, smooth, and full of flavor. It’s a dairy-free smoothie too, so it has a clean, pure and refreshing taste. Great as a snack when you’re feeling peckish or as a breakfast smoothie.
This low-calorie berry smoothie is made up of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries – packing a powerful antioxidant punch. We don’t add much more, keeping it simple, quick and the calories low. A little honey to sweeten the smoothie if you need it. And chia seeds as they’re high in fiber, antioxidants, protein and healthy omega 3 fatty acids, boosting the nutritional profile of this smoothie, but also making it more filling.
Simply add in the extras described below to adapt it to suit your needs. The spinach is especially good, as you really wont taste it, but it gives the smoothie an awesome nutritional boost.
If you want to lose weight, read more about how to make a weight loss smoothie, for guiding principles on making a weight loss smoothie.
Adapt this smoothie to meet your needs:
- If you need some extra protein in this healthy smoothie recipe add some protein powder.
- If you’re low on berries add half a banana.
- Up the nutrients in this smoothie and add a handful of spinach. You won’t taste it!
This smoothie recipe is: Vegetarian, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Gluten-Free, High Fiber, Low Cholesterol
Calories: only 130 calories!
Serving size: 1
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs protein powder (optional)
- 1 handful of spinach (optional)
- Combine all the smoothie ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until silky smooth.
- Pour into a glass. Add a straw.