EXERCISE VIDEO INSTRUCTION
1. RUNNING A’S/ RUNNING KNEE LIFTS
- Run in place.
- During each stride, bring your knee up to hip level.
- Your thighs should be almost parallel to the floor.
- Your back should be straight.
- Use your arms to help stabilize your body and to power you through the exercise.
2. STAR JUMPS/ JUMPING JACKS
- Stand with your feet together and your hands by your sides.
- Squat halfway down and in an explosive movement jump up as high as possible with your arms and legs extended out in a star shape.
- As you land on the ground, bring your limbs back and bend your knees so that your hands can touch the ground.
- Bounce right back into another star jump.
3. TUCK JUMPS
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Bend your knees and powerfully spring off both feet, brining your knees towards your chest.
- Use your arms to help control your movement.
- Do this exercise on a flat, preferably soft, surface.
4. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- Get down into the pushup position, with your hands and feet bearing the weight of your body. Your hands should be slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- During this exercise your upper body is going to remain in the same position, with your legs doing all the movement.
- Bending one leg, bring it forward under your body and rest it on the ground.
- Alternate leg positions.
- If you want to make this exercise more difficult, rest your hands on a step or to make even more challenging on the hard side of a BOSU Balance Ball