Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our Cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Allowing you to register or login
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like”or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Facebook Opt-Out: https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748
Twitter Opt-Out: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169453#
You Tube Opt-Out: http://www.youtube.com/t/interest_based_ads
Pinterest Opt-Out: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data-other-websites
- Google Analytics – If you prefer you can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics (we’d prefer you didn’t though as this data is seriously helpful to us in improving our website)
- Quantcast – you can choose to opt-out here.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. We cannot gain personally identifiable information from these cookies, nor can advertisers or our advertising partners.
You can learn more about online advertising at YourOnlineChoices. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies here although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
Turning Cookies Off
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to post comments.