The 7 main body movements of Yoga are flexion, extension, hyperextension, rotation, circumduction. abduction and adduction Yoga increases strength, flexibility and balance. However, the benefits of yoga are not limited to the physical, but also extend to the psychological, increasing relaxation and decreasing the tension in the muscles and joints.
Before you get started there are a few things to bear in mind:
1. Know the limits of you body. In order to enjoy Yoga, you need to push a little, but not too hard. Going too far risks injury.
2. If you have any medical conditions or health concerns, consult with a health professional first.
3. For maximum effectiveness, i.e. the best results, aim to practice Yoga daily for a minimum of 30 minutes.
4. Your clothing should be comfortable, soft and loose.
5. Don’t eat immediately before you start. Leave at at least 3 1/2 hours between eating solid food and practicing Yoga.
6. The space you’re using should be clean, bright (preferably natural light), spacious and free of distractions.